Email sent to parents on Friday 10 April 2020:
Following on from the Pack Council last Tuesday we will be re-starting Cubs (virtually) this coming Tuesday 14 April following the Easter break. For the rest of the term while social distancing measures remain in place we will be meeting via Zoom, a platform most of you will be familiar with.
We will be running our entire program virtually including investitures, badge presentations, and other elements of Cub Scouts we normally run in the hall. Once back in the hall extra special presentations we will be doing again in person.
Please also note that the parent helper roster (below) will be active again this term as we will need two adults (one leader and one parent) in each of the 2 breakout rooms we’ll be splitting into at times during the meeting. There will be 2 families rostered each Tuesday night. If your family is unable to assist on your rostered night please swap with another family. When you are a parent helper you can either join us on the same device as your Cub or a different device, whichever works best for your family. You are also more than welcome to join us even when not rostered.
Meeting link: https://unimelb.zoom.us/j/684152826
Date: Tuesday 14/4/20
Equipment: Please ensure your Cub has a piece of paper and pen/pencil for the night’s activities and download the Zoom client at https://zoom.us/download if you haven’t already.
Duty families: Shen & Tran (Bella)
- An adult must be home with the youth member at all times. Parents should be in ear shot, or engaged in the meeting – e.g. the Scout can be at the bench/kitchen table whilst an adult is in earshot.
- Parents are welcome to join or check in on the meeting at any time.
- Everyone must be in uniform and wearing their scarf.
- No inappropriate language.
- During certain meeting times, we mute all and have to raise hand to speak.
- No virtual backgrounds (as these reduce the quality of the video call and distract other Cubs).
- Use a desktop/laptop or tablet device with a stand. It is very difficult for Cubs to engage in the meeting or see the shared screen using a phone device.
- Set your Cub up in a relatively quiet place e.g. away from the television and other children.
If you have any questions about any of the above or if there’s anything we’ve missed please contact us at email@example.com.
Yours in Scouting,
6th Melbourne Cub Scout Leaders
Rahul Barmanray (Akela), Kerry Morrow (Kaa), Jon Baker (Ikki)
|Date||Duty Six||Location||Duty Family 1||Duty Family 2|
|14 April||Grey||Zoom||Shen||Tran (Bella)|
|21 April||Brown||Zoom||Tran (Jessica)||Warren|
|25 April||–||ANZAC Day on your Driveway||–||–|
|19 May||Brown||Zoom||Clark||De Los Santos|